Ms. Caroline Philippon from France - HR support trainee
My name is Caroline, I am 26 years old, and I am from France. I decided to do my internship in Slovakia after my master’s degree in Human Resources. I worked for Placement Slovakia during two months in Bratislava.
1. Why did you decide to take the Erasmus + internship opportunity? Why did you choose Slovakia?
I decided to realise an Erasmus internship to improve my professional skills, my English and to have a first experience abroad. Why Slovakia? I was always attracted by eastern countries, and I found this opportunity to work in Bratislava, pretty, cosy and attractive capital.
2. What were your main responsibilities and tasks while you were on the traineeship?
My main responsibilities were to oversee the recruitment process, find the best students in Europe for Slovak and International companies and after take care of the whole administration process. I was the link between students and companies.
3. Did you learn anything new in your field? Tell us bit more about your acquired skills and competencies.
I learned to improve my English skills during my internship, I was in an international environment. For the first time in my career, I did English recruitment with students all around Europe. It was a big challenge for me, and it allowed me to learn many things.
4. What was the most beneficial part of your work?
The most beneficial part of my work was to be very autonomous. I oversaw my timetable and my manager gave me time and space to realise my tasks. My colleagues helped me a lot to integrate into the work and life in Slovakia.
5. What was the most difficult part of your work life?
The most difficult part for me was to be far away from my family and my friends.
6. What would you say about Slovakia? Have you noticed any cultural differences between Slovakia and your country?
Slovakia and especially Bratislava is a city where the life is good to live, peaceful and calm and at the same time dynamic and cosmopolite. You can find a lot of bars, vegan food, lakes, foreigners, and welcoming people.
7. How did Covid influence your life during the internship? Pros and cons?
I was not influenced by the Covid during my internship because I was there in May 2022.
8. Would you like to recommend anything to the newcomers?
The best advice I can give is to enjoy the life here, go out and meet new people, discover the city, take time to travel in Vienna, Budapest, Prague because is very easy to go there during a weekend.
9. How would you evaluate overall support received from Placement Slovakia team?
The Placement Slovakia Team was very helpful with me, always here to support me, respond to all my questions and requests and especially my colleagues Lucia and Maria. I will miss them, and I hope I will find colleagues like them in my new job.